By Michael L. Dockrill, David French
Read Online or Download Strategy and Intelligence: British Policy During the First World War PDF
Similar strategy books
The concept that of a legionary citadel as an enduring constitution dates from the reign of Augustus (27 BCâ€"AD 14). it's only from that point that we discover a status military dispensed round the empire, and their everlasting fortresses built from the transitority box fortifications of the legions on crusade.
The straightforward castles raised after the Norman conquest have been constructed all through eleventh and twelfth centuries, while the creation of Islamic and Byzantine fortification strategies from the overdue twelfth century ended in additional advancements in fortress structure. those fortifications have been to be good demonstrated through the process the thirteenth century as England was once riven by means of the clash, characterised through lengthy sieges, among the monarchy and robust magnates.
On 15 March 1781, the armies of Nathanael Greene and Lord Charles Cornwallis fought one of many bloodiest and such a lot extreme engagements of the yankee Revolution on the Guilford Courthouse in piedmont North Carolina. even if successful, Cornwallis declared the conquest of the Carolinas very unlikely. He made the fateful determination to march into Virginia, ultimately major his military to the Yorktown give up and clearing the way in which for American independence.
A accomplished and sensible, step by step advisor to pricing research and approach improvement. the tactic and strategies of Pricing indicates readers how one can deal with markets strategically–rather than just calculate pricing in response to product and profit–in order to enhance their competitiveness and the profitability in their bargains.
- Imagining Future War: The West's Technological Revolution and Visions of Wars to Come, 1880-1914
- The Two Germanies and Military Security in Europe
- Battle of the Bulge 1944: Bastogne
- The Handbook of Global Outsourcing and Offshoring: The Definitive Guide to Strategy and Operations
Extra resources for Strategy and Intelligence: British Policy During the First World War
2 During 1915-18, three German forces - the Zeppelins of the Navy and the airships and aeroplanes of the Army fought a campaign in the skies above Britain and on the leading edges of contemporary tactics and technology. Commanders and their men were the pioneers in unprecedented forms of warfare. The air war lay at the intersection 1 I am grateful to Eric Ash, Sebastian Cox, Christina Coulter and Holger Herwig for comments on earlier drafts of this essay. H. Morrow, German Air Power in World War One (Lincoln, 1982).
783. 34 In the face of Carson's intransigence Redmond showed himself equally obdurate, informing the Prime Minister that I can add very little to my letter of yesterday; but if the Government allow themselves to be bullied in this way by Sir Edward Carson, a position of the most serious difficulty will arise with us. It will be quite impossible for us to abstain from raising a discussion on the Second Reading of the Appropriation Bill, which would have most unfortunate and disastrous results in Ireland, and really would put us and our country in an absolutely cruel position.
P. ), The Modernization of Conservative Politics: The Diaries and Letters of William Bridgeman, 1904-35 (London, 1988), p. 79. 22 E. ), Inside Asquith's Cabinet: From the Diaries of Charles Hobhouse (London, 1977), p. 180. A. Pease diary, 3 Aug. 1914, Nuffield College, Gainford Papers, box 39. 24 Samuel to wife, 29 July 1914, HLRO, Samuel Papers, A/157/691. 25 Quoted in H. Montgomery-Hyde, Carson: The Life of Sir Edward Carson, Lord Carson ofDuncairn (London, 1976), p. 378. 21 Irish Recruiting and the Home Rule Crisis 7 had been brought up in south-west Ireland in a Protestant family and had been taught to see the Irish as a subject race.
Strategy and Intelligence: British Policy During the First World War by Michael L. Dockrill, David French