By P P Acarnley; Institution of Electrical Engineers
Read Online or Download Stepping motors : a guide to theory and practice PDF
Similar robotics & automation books
A detailed exam of producing keep watch over platforms utilizing dependent layout equipment. subject matters contain ladder good judgment and different IEC 61131 criteria, wiring, communique, analog IO, dependent programming, and communications. Allen Bradley PLCs are used largely throughout the publication, however the formal layout tools are appropriate to so much different PLC manufacturers.
This publication describes the layout proposal and discusses the keep an eye on concerns concerning the functionality of a direct-drive robotic, in particular, a direct-drive mechanical arm able to sporting as much as 10 kilograms, at 10 meters according to moment, accelerating at five G (a unit of acceleration equivalent to the acceleration of gravity).
This quantity comprises accredited papers awarded at AECIA2014, the 1st foreign Afro-European convention for commercial development. the purpose of AECIA was once to compile the key specialists in addition to very good younger researchers from Africa, Europe, and the remainder of the area to disseminate most up-to-date effects from a number of fields of engineering, info, and conversation applied sciences.
Nonlinear difficulties are of curiosity to engineers, physicists and mathematicians and plenty of different scientists simply because so much platforms are inherently nonlinear in nature. As nonlinear equations are tough to unravel, nonlinear platforms are more often than not approximated by way of linear equations. This works good as much as a few accuracy and a few diversity for the enter values, yet a few fascinating phenomena equivalent to chaos and singularities are hidden via linearization and perturbation research.
- Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Elektrische Messtechnik: Analoge, digitale und computergestützte Verfahren
- Human Robotics: Neuromechanics and Motor Control
- Fuzzy Controllers, Theory and Applications
- Autonomous robots: modeling, path planning, and control
Extra resources for Stepping motors : a guide to theory and practice
The correspondence between rotor position and the number of excitation changes is now lost and the subsequent rotor movement is erratic. 1)) and therefore in these motors the rotor can be several steps from the demanded position without losing synchronism. This resonant behaviour of the system leads to a loss of motor torque at well deﬁned stepping rates, as illustrated by the dips in the pull-out torque/speed characteristic of Fig. 1. 4) or from direct measurement of the single-step response. Resonance is likely to occur if, at the end of the excitation interval, the rotor is in advance of the equilibrium position and has a positive velocity.
This reduction in efﬁciency, coupled with the extra winding costs, is very signiﬁcant for larger sizes of stepping motor, which are therefore rarely biﬁlar-wound. As the two biﬁlar windings of each phase are situated on the same stator poles within the motor, there is close mutual coupling between the windings, and this must be taken into account when considering circuit conditions at turn-on and turn-off. 6) = Ldi2 /dt − Mdi1 /dt where L and M are the winding self- and mutual inductances, which have equal magnitude kf N 2 .
6) where θ is the instantaneous position of the motor/load/housing and θD is the damper inertia position. Dampers are carefully designed so that this linear relationship is preserved over a wide range of speed difference. 7) the damper torque is zero. 6) if the damper torque is zero, the damper rotor and housing must be operating at equal speeds. A well designed damper can produce a considerable improvement in the singlestep response. 8) where J includes the damper housing inertia, JH . 3) for the system without a damper.
Stepping motors : a guide to theory and practice by P P Acarnley; Institution of Electrical Engineers