By Robert Leeson (auth.)
Read Online or Download Ideology and the International Economy: The Decline and Fall of Bretton Woods PDF
Similar international_1 books
This e-book constitutes the completely refereed post-conference court cases of the 4th foreign ICST convention on Sensor structures and software program, S-Cube 2013, held in Lucca, Italy, 2013. The eight revised complete papers and a pair of invited papers provided disguise contributions on diverse applied sciences for instant sensor networks, together with protection protocols, middleware, research instruments and frameworks.
This ebook offers a scientific therapy of the interplay among nationwide fee degrees and alternate charges, and the formation of expectation concerning trade charges on alternate flows. The thrust is empirical and the learn is made of 5 self-contained chapters with a standard subject matter, viz. , the behaviour of costs and amounts in overseas items and fiscal markets.
It is a textual content for college kids of overseas tourism at HND and undergraduate point. It seems to be at a few facets of tourism: industry developments and forecasts, the commercial effect of tourism, the position of promoting and finance, businesses and rules. overseas situations are used in the course of the textual content.
- Global Optimization and Constraint Satisfaction: Second International Workshop, COCOS 2003, Lausanne, Switzerland, November 18-21, 2003, Revised Selected Papers
- Freight Transport Planning and Logistics: Proceedings of an International Seminar on Freight Transport Planning and Logistics Held in Bressanone, Italy, July 1987
- Advanced Vehicle Control Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, September 13-16, 2016, Munich, Germany
- International Politics: Political Issues Under Debate - Vol. 1
- Corrosion, processes and advanced materials in industry : selected peer reviewed papers from the 3rd (Israel) international conference, corrosion, advanced materials and processes in industry May 29th-31th 2007, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- International Mathematics Tournament of Towns, Book 2: 1984-1989
Additional info for Ideology and the International Economy: The Decline and Fall of Bretton Woods
From this, I deduce that the opposition to flexible exchange rates is not based upon analytically defensible criticisms of how the economy would behave. Rather the opposition rests upon an instinctive and possibly atavistic belief, on the century-old history of the gold standard, that a fixed price of gold serves to discipline dangerous fiscal and monetary tendencies. 2 In reality, Friedman argued, ‘inflation was always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon’; the popularity of the cost-push explanation resulted from ‘the desire of government authorities to shift the blame for inflation’.
Publicly, Friedman (1967, 91) stated that ‘in the present situation you have relatively Full Employment and I trust you will continue to’.
1 At an Executive Board meeting, Southard stated that ‘every country in the world would like to have immunity in par value matters. 2 In their defence of civilisation, the IMF played the role of policemen, prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner. Heretics were examined through a procedure that resembled an Inquisition. Thus in 1954, the Czech representative was grilled and informed that ‘We are a technical organization. ’3 These sentiments were clearly in tune with the methodological chapter of Friedman’s 1953 Essays in Positive Economics; but were also the antithesis of the chapter on flexible exchange rates.
Ideology and the International Economy: The Decline and Fall of Bretton Woods by Robert Leeson (auth.)