By Henry S. Warren Jr.
In Hacker’s pride, moment Edition, Hank Warren once more compiles an impossible to resist selection of programming hacks: timesaving recommendations, algorithms, and methods that aid programmers construct extra based and effective software program, whereas additionally gaining deeper insights into their craft. Warren’s hacks are eminently useful, yet they’re additionally intrinsically fascinating, and occasionally unforeseen, very like the answer to a superb puzzle. they're, in a observe, a satisfaction to any programmer who's desirous about the chance to enhance.
Extensive additions during this version contain
* a brand new bankruptcy on cyclic redundancy checking (CRC), together with exercises for the generally used CRC-32 code
* a brand new bankruptcy on errors correcting codes (ECC), together with workouts for the Hamming code
* extra assurance of integer department through constants, together with tools utilizing purely shifts and provides
* Computing remainders with out computing a quotient
* extra assurance of inhabitants count number and counting top zeros
* Array inhabitants count number
* New algorithms for compress and extend
* An LRU set of rules
* Floating-point to/from integer conversions
* Approximate floating-point reciprocal sq. root regimen
* A gallery of graphs of discrete capabilities
* Now with routines and solutions
Read or Download Hacker's Delight (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar programming books
Author Craig Lent’s 1st version of studying to software with MATLAB: construction GUI instruments teaches the middle strategies of machine programming, corresponding to arrays, loops, functionality, uncomplicated facts constructions, and so forth. , utilizing MATLAB. The textual content has a spotlight at the basics of programming and builds as much as an emphasis on GUI instruments, masking text-based courses first, then courses that produce pictures. This creates a visible expression of the underlying arithmetic of an issue or layout. short and to-the-point, the textual content contains fabric that may be switched over with supplementary reference fabric designed to attract clients to continue their copy.
Even if you're sharing info among inner platforms or development an API in order that clients can entry their info, this useful consultant has every little thing you want to construct APIs with Hypertext Preprocessor. writer Lorna Jane Mitchell offers plenty of hands-on code samples, real-world examples, and recommendation in response to her wide adventure to lead you thru the process—from the underlying thought to equipment for making your provider powerful.
The turning out to be call for for platforms of ever-increasing complexity and precision has prompted the necessity for greater point options, instruments, and methods in each sector of computing device technological know-how. a few of these components, specifically man made Intelligence, Databases, and Programming Lan guages, try to fulfill this call for via defining a brand new, extra summary point of approach description.
- The 8080 Z-80 assembly language: techniques for improved programming
- Entropy Optimization and Mathematical Programming
- Formal Methods for Software Architectures: Third International School on Formal Methods for the Design of Computer, Communication and Software Systems: Software Architectures, SFM 2003, Bertinoro, Italy, September 22-27, 2003. Advanced Lectures
- Summary of Results and Proofs on Fermats Last Theorem. (Sixth Paper)
- The Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development With Rails (3rd Edition)
- OP Archons & Templars
Additional resources for Hacker's Delight (2nd Edition)
This book provides guidance for software development teams on designing, developing, testing, debugging, and distributing professional Android applications. If you’re a veteran mobile developer, you can find tips and tricks to streamline the development process and take advantage of Android’s unique features. If you’re new to mobile development, this book provides everything you need to make a smooth transition from traditional software development to mobile development—specifically, its most promising platform: Android.
You also learn about the most common user interface controls and layouts provided in the Android SDK. This section is of primary interest to developers. You also learn how to design applications that will run smoothly on many different Android devices. This section is of primary interest to developers. Part V: Publishing and Distributing Android Applications Part V covers the software development process for mobile, from start to finish, with tips and tricks for project management, software developers, user experience designers, and quality assurance personnel.
A self-admitted gadget freak, Shane always has the latest smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device. He can often be found fiddling with the latest technologies, such as cloud services and mobile platforms, and other exciting, state-of-the-art technologies that activate the creative part of his brain. He also enjoys traveling the world with his geeky wife, even if she did make him dive with 4-meter-long great white sharks and almost get eaten by a lion in Kenya. He admits that he has to take at least two phones with him when backpacking—even though there is no coverage—and that he snickered and whipped out his Android phone to take a picture when Laurie got her tongue stuck to that iceberg in Iceland, and that he is catching on that he should be writing his own bio.
Hacker's Delight (2nd Edition) by Henry S. Warren Jr.