By Simon St. Laurent
This is a better half booklet to Introducing Erlang
If you’re new to Erlang, its useful type can appear tricky, yet with aid from this hands-on creation, you’ll scale the training curve and notice how stress-free, strong, and enjoyable this language can be.
Author Simon St. Laurent exhibits you the way to write down uncomplicated Erlang courses by means of educating you one uncomplicated ability at a time. You’ll know about trend matching, recursion, message passing, process-oriented programming, and setting up pathways for info instead of telling it the place to head. through the top of your trip, you’ll comprehend why Erlang is perfect for concurrency and resilience.
* Get comfortable with Erlang’s shell, its command line interface
* get to grips with Erlang’s uncomplicated constructions through operating with numbers
* notice atoms, trend matching, and guards: the rules of your software constitution
* Delve into the guts of Erlang processing with recursion, strings, lists, and higher-order services
* Create procedures, ship messages between them, and practice trend matching to incoming messages
* shop and control dependent information with Erlang time period garage and the Mnesia database
* know about Open Telecom Platform, Erlang’s open resource libraries and instruments
Read or Download Etudes for Erlang PDF
Best programming books
Author Craig Lent’s 1st variation of studying to application with MATLAB: construction GUI instruments teaches the center ideas of computing device programming, corresponding to arrays, loops, functionality, simple facts buildings, and so forth. , utilizing MATLAB. The textual content has a spotlight at the basics of programming and builds as much as an emphasis on GUI instruments, protecting text-based courses first, then courses that produce pix. This creates a visible expression of the underlying arithmetic of an issue or layout. short and to-the-point, the textual content contains fabric that may be switched over with supplementary reference fabric designed to attract clients to maintain their copy.
No matter if you're sharing facts among inner platforms or development an API in order that clients can entry their facts, this sensible consultant has every little thing you want to construct APIs with Hypertext Preprocessor. writer Lorna Jane Mitchell offers plenty of hands-on code samples, real-world examples, and suggestion in line with her broad adventure to lead you thru the process—from the underlying concept to tools for making your provider strong.
The transforming into call for for structures of ever-increasing complexity and precision has encouraged the necessity for greater point thoughts, instruments, and strategies in each sector of machine technological know-how. a few of these parts, specifically synthetic Intelligence, Databases, and Programming Lan guages, try to satisfy this call for by way of defining a brand new, extra summary point of procedure description.
- Automata, Languages and Programming: 22nd International Colloquium, ICALP 95 Szeged, Hungary, July 10–14, 1995 Proceedings
- Processing 2: Creative Programming Cookbook
- MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-294): Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft (r) Windows Server (tm) (r) Infrastruct2003 Active Directory
- Preventative Programming Techniques: Avoid and Correct Common Mistakes (Programming Series)
Extra resources for Etudes for Erlang
This is a non-trivial program, and the “extra” time you spend planning it (pay now) will save you a lot of time in debugging and rewriting (pay later). ” Trust me, programs written at the keyboard look like it, and that is not meant as a compliment. Note: This does not mean that you should never use erl or write anything at the key‐ board. If you are wondering about how a specific part of Erlang works and need to write a small test program to find out, go ahead and do that right away. Hint: Do your design on paper.
Module(good_code). -export([correct_squares/1]). correct_squares(Numbers) -> correct_squares(Numbers, ). correct_squares(, Result) -> lists:reverse(Result); correct_squares([H | T], Result) -> correct_squares(T, [H * H | Result]). 1> c(good_code). 22, 5]). 8084,25] Success at last! The moral of the story? • RTFM (Read the Fabulous Manual). • Believe what you read. • If you don’t believe what you read, try it and find out. • Don’t worry if you make this sort of mistake. You won’t be the first person to do so, and you certainly won’t be the last.
000000496442226 5> calculus:derivative(fun(X) -> 3 * X * X + 2 * X + 1 end, 5). 00000264769187 6> calculus:derivative(fun math:sin/1, 0). 0 • Line 3 is a test to see if the F1 function works. • Line 5 shows that you don’t have to assign a function to a variable; you can define the function in line. • Line 6 shows how to refer to a function in another module. You start with the word fun followed by the module:function/arity. See a suggested solution in Appendix A. Étude 7-2: List Comprehensions and Pattern Matching Is it possible to use pattern matching inside a list comprehension?
Etudes for Erlang by Simon St. Laurent