By Douglas Downing
This quick-reference dictionary for math scholars, lecturers, engineers, and statisticians defines greater than seven-hundred phrases on the topic of algebra, geometry, analytic geometry, trigonometry, chance, facts, good judgment, and calculus. It additionally lists and defines mathematical symbols, contains a short desk of integrals, and describes the right way to derive key theorems. full of illustrative diagrams and equations.
Read or Download Dictionary of Mathematics Terms (Barron's Professional Guides) PDF
Best dictionaries books
The Oxford Dictionary of Byzantium is a three-volume, finished dictionary of Byzantine civilization. the 1st source of its variety within the box, it good points over 5,000 entries written by means of a world crew of eminent Byzantinists masking all features of existence within the Byzantine international. in line with Alexander Kazhdan, editor-in-chief of the Dictionary: "Entries on patriarchy and emperors will coexist with entries on surgical procedure and musical tools.
The Routledge Spanish Bilingual Dictionary of Psychology and Psychiatry includes over 100,000 entries making this the main entire and up to date dictionary of its variety. The Dictionary offers concise, finished and present assurance of each notice or word utilized in the examine and perform of psychiatry and psychology.
The second one version of rising applied sciences in nutrition Processing offers crucial, authoritative, and whole literature and study facts from the earlier ten years. it's a entire source supplying the most recent technological ideas in nutrients processing this present day, and contains very important details in study and improvement for the nutrition processing undefined.
- The Prince and the Pauper (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition)
- Dictionary of 1000 Jewish Proverbs
- Diccionario de los Salmos
- Dictionnaire Historique de la Langue Francaise in 1 Volume (French Edition)
- Dictionary of mechanical engineering
Extra resources for Dictionary of Mathematics Terms (Barron's Professional Guides)
ARITHMETIC MEAN The arithmetic mean of a group of n numbers (a1, a2, . . an), written as a, is the sum of the numbers divided by n: aϭ a1 ϩ a2 ϩ a3 ϩ n # # # ϩ an The arithmetic mean is commonly called the average. For example, if your grocery bills for 4 weeks are $59, $62, $64, and $71, then the average grocery bill is 256/4 ϭ $64. ARITHMETIC sequence. PROGRESSION See arithmetic ARITHMETIC SEQUENCE 18 ARITHMETIC SEQUENCE An arithmetic sequence is a sequence of n numbers of the form a, a ϩ b, a ϩ 2b, a ϩ 3b, .
2) In logic an argument is a sequence of sentences (called premises) that lead to a resulting sentence (called the conclusion). ) ARISTOTLE Aristotle (384 BC to 322 BC) wrote about many areas of human knowledge, including the field of logic. He was a student of Plato and also a tutor to Alexander the Great. ARITHMETIC MEAN The arithmetic mean of a group of n numbers (a1, a2, . . an), written as a, is the sum of the numbers divided by n: aϭ a1 ϩ a2 ϩ a3 ϩ n # # # ϩ an The arithmetic mean is commonly called the average.
CENTER (1) The center of a circle is the point that is the same distance from all of the points on the circle. (2) The center of a sphere is the point that is the same distance from all of the points on the sphere. (3) The center of an ellipse is the point where the two axes of symmetry (the major axis and the minor axis) intersect. (4) The center of a regular polygon is the center of the circle that can be inscribed in that polygon. 39 CENTROID Figure 15 Catenary Figure 16 CENTER OF MASS See centroid.
Dictionary of Mathematics Terms (Barron's Professional Guides) by Douglas Downing