This paintings bargains designated discussions on all elements of acousto-optic deflectors, modulators and tunable filters, emphasizing hands-on methods for layout, fabrication and trying out. It comprises formerly unpublished remedies of acousto-optic gadget layout and impedance matching, allowing the particular layout of genuine units and device-matching circuits.
Read or Download Design and Fabrication of Acousto-optic Devices (Optical Science and Engineering) PDF
Best optics books
`The ebook is a wonderful source for physicists and engineers within the box. It comprises many principles and sensible information for the layout and building of microoptical units. 'Optik, 110:6 (1999)
The function of optical tools is essential and impacts all parts of human job, from clinical research (such as spectrometry) to game and hobbies like images and tv. Optical parts are frequently a necessary a part of the tool, yet aren't consistently noticeable. it's for that reason valuable and critical to appreciate how they paintings.
The sector of radiometry might be harmful territory to the uninitiated, confronted with the chance of error and pitfalls. The suggestions and instruments explored during this ebook empower readers to comprehensively study, layout, and optimize real-world structures. This ebook builds at the starting place of good theoretical realizing, and strives to supply perception into hidden subtleties in radiometric research.
- Nonlinear Optics and Optical Computing
- NIF - Final Optics Assy - Thermal Effects of Maintenance Oprns
- Printed Films: Materials Science and Applications in Sensors, Electronics and Photonics
- Optical Properties of Nanoparticle Systems: Mie and Beyond
- Engineering a High-Tech Business: Entrepreneurial Experiences and Insights
Additional resources for Design and Fabrication of Acousto-optic Devices (Optical Science and Engineering)
5 W/cm2). Note that thesecond curve changes its asymptote at thepoint x = Io, which occurs when S,(x) is attenuated to thepoint where exp[ -alx] is the dominant factor. Also note that the exact value of Io is determined by the properties of the A 0 material and the input acoustic power density. Knowing the spatial dependence of Sl(x), wecanproceedwith the solution of Eq. (88). This solution is well approximated by where is the attenuation coefficient at the second harmonic frequency. 5 W/cm2. Longitudinal waves were used for propagation along [l111 with an input frequency of 200 MHz.
At oneacoustic frequency (or alternatively, the diffracted light wave vector kd must be equal to that of the incident light beam ki). If the direction of the diffracted beam is to be changed, we must change both the direction and the magnitude of the acoustic vector. For operationover a range of acoustic frequencies it is necessary to have a spread of the acoustic wave vector directions from the transducer. This is accomplished PRINCIPLES OF ACOUSTO-OPTICS 15 by using the acoustic diffraction resulting from a transducer of width L .
30) shows that the intensity of the diffracted order follows a sinc2-type behavior as the frequency changes. 5. This occurs when the argument of the sinc' function is equal to 2 0 . By using Eq. fcand A = V/f, we can write Eq. 8nCR AoLfc (33) Observe that Af is inversely proportional to the interaction length L. , at oneacoustic frequency (or alternatively, the diffracted light wave vector kd must be equal to that of the incident light beam ki). If the direction of the diffracted beam is to be changed, we must change both the direction and the magnitude of the acoustic vector.
Design and Fabrication of Acousto-optic Devices (Optical Science and Engineering) by Goutzoulis