By Govind Agrawal
* the one ebook describing purposes of nonlinear fiber optics * new chapters at the newest advancements: hugely nonlinear fibers and quantum functions * assurance of biomedical purposes * difficulties supplied on the finish of every bankruptcy the improvement of recent hugely nonlinear fibers - known as microstructured fibers, holey fibers and photonic crystal fibers - is the subsequent iteration expertise for all-optical sign processing and biomedical functions. This re-creation has been completely up-to-date to include those key know-how advancements. The publication provides sound insurance of the basics of lightwave know-how, besides fabric on pulse compression recommendations and rare-earth-doped fiber amplifiers and lasers. The commonly revised chapters contain details on fiber-optic verbal exchange structures and the ultrafast sign processing thoughts that utilize nonlinear phenomena in optical fibers. New fabric makes a speciality of the purposes of hugely nonlinear fibers in parts starting from wavelength laser tuning and nonlinear spectroscopy to biomedical imaging and frequency metrology. applied sciences reminiscent of quantum cryptography, quantum computing, and quantum communications also are coated in a brand new bankruptcy. This publication could be a great reference for: R&D engineers engaged on constructing subsequent iteration optical elements; scientists concerned with examine on fiber amplifiers and lasers; graduate scholars and researchers operating within the fields of optical communications and quantum details. * the single ebook on the way to enhance nonlinear fiber optic functions * new chapters at the most up-to-date advancements; hugely Nonlinear Fibers and Quantum functions * assurance of biomedical purposes
Read Online or Download Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) PDF
Similar optics books
`The ebook is a wonderful source for physicists and engineers within the box. It includes many rules and functional information for the layout and building of microoptical units. 'Optik, 110:6 (1999)
The function of optical tools is essential and impacts all parts of human job, from medical research (such as spectrometry) to game and hobbies like images and tv. Optical parts are usually an important a part of the tool, yet aren't continually obvious. it's consequently helpful and demanding to appreciate how they paintings.
The sector of radiometry could be harmful territory to the uninitiated, confronted with the chance of error and pitfalls. The recommendations and instruments explored during this publication empower readers to comprehensively research, layout, and optimize real-world platforms. This ebook builds at the starting place of stable theoretical knowing, and strives to supply perception into hidden subtleties in radiometric research.
- Basic Optics for the Astronomical Sciences
- Nonlinear Laser Dynamics: From Quantum Dots to Cryptography
- Optics in Biomedical Sciences: Proceedings of the International Conference, Graz, Austria, September 7–11, 1981
- Diffraction effects in semiclassical scattering
- Mathematical Theory of Optics
- Optical Shop Testing
Extra resources for Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series)
L. Archambault, L. Reekie, P. St. J. Russell, and D. N. Payne, Electron. Lett. 29, 1577 (1993).  J. D. Prohaska, E. Snitzer, S. Rishton, and V. Boegli, Electron. Lett. 29, 1614 (1993).  K. C. Byron, K. Sugden, T. Bricheno, and I. Bennion, Electron. Lett. 29, 1659 (1993).  B. Malo, K. O. Hill, F. Bilodeau, D. C. Johnson, and J. Albert, Appl. Phys. Lett. 62, 1668 (1993).  H. Patrick and S. L. Gilbert, Opt. Lett. 18, 1484 (1993).  K. O. Hill, B. Malo, F. Bilodeau, and D. C. Johnson, Annu.
S. Kawasaki, Appl. Phys. Lett. 32, 647 (1978).  B. S. Kawasaki, K. O. Hill, D. C. Johnson, and Y. Fujii, Opt. Lett. 3, 66 (1978).  J. Bures, J. Lapierre, and D. Pascale, Appl. Phys. Lett. 37, 860 (1980).  J. Lapierre, J. Bures, and D. Pascale, Opt. Commun. 40, 95 (1981).  D. K. W. Lam and B. K. Garside, Appl. Opt. 20, 440 (1982).  J. Lapierre, J. Bures, and G. Chevalier, Opt. Lett. 7, 37 (1982).  J. Bures, S. Lacroix, and J. Lapierre, Appl. Opt. 21, 3502 (1982).  D. K. W. Lam, B.
Clearly, Eq. 9) is not valid at that point. However, it remains valid close to but outside of the stop band. Far from the stop band (v → 1), β2g becomes quite small (< 1 ps2 /km for typical values of κ). One should then include ﬁber GVD and replace β2g by β2 . Noting that γg = γ when v = 1, Eq. 9) reduces to the standard NLS equation, and U corresponds to the forward-wave amplitude since no backward wave is generated under such conditions. Before we can use Eq. 9) for predicting the modulation-instability gain and the frequency at which the gain peaks, we need to know the total power P0 inside the grating when a CW beam with power Pin is incident at the input end of the grating located at z = 0.
Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) by Govind Agrawal